02 May 2014

All difficult things....

T -20 (give or take) hours til the first race kicks off!

Just about to get on the road to the first race in the series......TAE's 24-Ultra Adventure Trail Race, in Triangle, VA, just outside the gates of Marine Corps Headquarters Base, Quantico.

I will be tweeting updates throughout the race (Twitter handle is @12for12for1200), and if you are interested, the link below will take you to the official race updates, which should be updated every four hours. 

http://www.athletic-equation.com/24-HR_UPDATES.html

Also attached is a map of Prince William Park with the entrance Happyland Campground,with the race route highlighted in yellow. Happyland is also the  Race Headquarters and the Start and Finish of the race. If anyone is in the area and wants to swing by and say hello, please do! I will tweet out my bib number once I have it!

A quote I read today which is perfect for this race: "All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small." - Lao Tzu. Thanks, dude, good words.



Click for a larger version.









2 comments:

  1. Meeting you changed my life - gave me hope - kept me in the race and THEN gave me the strength and clarity to walk/limp away when it was time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirsten - you were incredible! I hope we can meet up again when I am next in your area. Could you email me your info?

      Delete