09 July 2014

95 degrees

It is hot. And humid. With a 20% chance of an afternoon shower. So, like any reasonable person, I have elected to run indoors this morning (slowly, my back is still iffy) and then the munchkins and I will head to the beach this afternoon.

I cherish that I have this time with them; it was a deliberate decision that I made when the separation happened - that I was not going to radically alter my original, intended course of action, meaning that I had made plans for myself and the family post-USMC, which focused on rehabbing my physical self, being at home with the munchkins while we determined which route K. would take in his career, and then looking at law schools in that area.

As a result of my steadfast resolve about those plans, the only thing that has changed significantly is that I do not have to consider what K's future plans are. I still have the amazing opportunity to be home with the munchkins, am still pursuing law school and, of course, the whole physical rehab thing is ongoing. Hooray!

I am grateful that I was able to maintain my logical and pragmatic perspective through what was certainly one of the most emotionally turbulent times of my life, and that I remembered that no matter how I felt, the well-being of the munchkins needed to come first and that was what drove most of my decisions throughout that time. (I believe they need K. in their lives; there is no intention to have it otherwise.)

I am grateful for the support of my friends and family. I am grateful that I am greeted each morning by two little faces whispering, "Mama....Mama....", heck, sometimes it's the Pumpkin Noodle just asking for cuddle time before "it's time for waking time," and more often than not, it's the Bubbaloo bringing his blankets, his bear and his monkey into my room and piling them on the bed before clambering up himself.

I have more than I ever thought possible (if you asked my 20-year old self). I need nothing more than my children and my running. Seriously.

Oh yeah, and I am grateful that I get to go to the beach when it's 95 degrees out.

No comments:

Post a Comment