19 September 2014

The mighty YT50: In the Hole

I landed in Jackson Hole yesterday to overcast skies and stormy weather which clouds obstructed the sweeping view normally afforded those arriving in Teton Valley. As I stepped onto the tarmac, this was my view:


Nonetheless, I was stoked to be here, for both the race and for seeing good friends. My longtime buddy, Xan, picked me up at the airport and we trekked over to Dornan's, a great spot nestled up against the Snake River in Teton National Park, and noshed on salad and pizza while watching the storm pass over the peaks. 

Afterwards, it was off to rest for the night at his digs. This was my view the next morning. The rest of the day was spent in race prep and taking in the scenery. 







And in case you thought I was kidding about the whole bear spray thing, this was in the window of one of the provisions shops in town:


Race goes off at 0900MT tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment