It has been an incredible journey thus far and I have so many people to thank for their support, their encouragement, their generosity and their assistance in sharing my mission and helping get out the word. A thousand thank yous.....
Where do we stand? Below are the stats.
Training: 885.96 miles
(Training miles remaining to 1200: 314.04)
Races: 270.37 miles
If you've read my blog, you've seen my motto: "Non mihi, sed tibi, gloria," which means "Glory to thee, not to me." I hope my efforts inspire, but it is the money donated that truly helps those injured Marines and sailors in their recovery, helps them find independence, and provides support as they begin their new lives.
Funds Raised (goal is $12,000):
MARSOC Foundation: $1,922.00
Semper Fi Fund: $6,205.00
How can you help?
- Pledge 10¢, 25¢, 50¢ or $1.00 per mile that I cover over the course of a remaining race (or 3!) or training month (February or March);
- Make a donation of any amount to either the MARSOC Foundation or the Semper Fi Fund; or
- Purchase of a 12for12for1200 t-shirt, the proceeds of which go to both funds.
- Through the desert with a pack
- The road to Iwo Jima: Casualty at mile 8
- Taking the plunge
- Get your hockey on! (Raffle entry)
- What's the damage?
- The Forney Journey: Learning to walk again
- How the zebra got her scars, pt2
- The Forney Journey: Finding the new normal
- How the zebra got her scars, pt1
- The heartbreak is over: Runner down
- United States
- New Zealand